Mobile Games Developer - Server Side
Do you want to make a huge impact in how the next generations play and learn? Pluto Media is committed to bringing the best educational games to children around the world. We want to integrate brilliant technology with world-class creative talent to develop products that foster children's creativity, curiosity, and knowledge of the world around them.
Pluto Media was founded in YouWeb Incubator, birthplace of wildly successful gaming companies such as OpenFeint (acquired for $104M by GREE), CrowdStar, Agawi and Spaceport. We are very excited about the huge opportunity in kids' edutainment created by tablets and smartphones with intuitive interfaces. We are well-funded by top tier VCs, incredibly well-advised, and perfectly positioned to capture this space.
We are looking for a talented Mobile Games Developer – Server Side to join the team. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of our cutting-edge, big-vision educational games and will work cross-functionally with our small team to define and launch new games.
We offer a competitive salary, early-stage stock options, and a comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits package.
- Build top-quality educational games for children
- Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts into polished and released mobile applications and features
- Maintain high coding standards
- 2 -5 years of development experience building games in a fast-paced environment with short project deadlines
- Expertise building server-side components for games OR expertise building and scaling socket servers over TCP/IP
- Experience building, scripting and scaling Linux servers using Python/Ruby
- Familiarity with building Ruby/Python based web services (eg. Rails, Sinatra, Goliath, Django etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Passionate about education and building games that will be played by millions around the world
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Familiarity with Flash/ActionScript
- Familiarity with iOS/Objective-C development
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to: email@example.com